Free Shipping on all gift boxes and orders over $48
Modern Native Chef’s Crate
Modern Indigenous cuisine from the renowned Native foods educator and former chef of Mitsitam Native Foods Café at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian.
From Freddie Bitsoie, the former executive chef at Mitsitam Native Foods Café at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian, and James Beard Award–winning author James O. Fraioli, New Native Kitchen is a celebration of Indigenous cuisine. Accompanied by original artwork by Gabriella Trujillo and offering delicious dishes like Cherrystone Clam Soup from the Northeastern Wampanoag and Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin from the Pueblo peoples, Bitsoie showcases the variety of flavor and culinary history on offer from coast to coast, providing modern interpretations of 100 recipes that have long fed this country.
We love this for its take on simple yet fun flavors. A surprise for anyone wanting to try new recipes, flavor mixings, and a new cooking experience.
- Red Lake Nation wild rice mix. Includes additional cooking recipes. Indigenous-owned.
- Dirty Rice Arancini Spice Mix and Recipe card. AAPI Woman-founded.
- Fish Batter Mix and multi-use flour. Indigenous-owned.
- Tropical Spiced Fish in Banana Leaves Spice mix and recipe card. AAPI Woman-founded.
- Artisan Chocolate Palanqueta Bar. The chef's choice. Latina-founded.
- Herb Supreme seasoning mix. A savory taste for any dish. Black-founded.
- New Native Cookbook. 288 pages of recipes like Chocolate Bison Chili, Prickly Pear Sweet Pork Chops, and Sumac Seared Trout with Onion and Bacon Sauce. Indigenous-Authors and Latina-Illustrations.
- Festive Kitchen Towel and mini whisk. Great for lining tortilla baskets or using around the kitchen. Latino-owned.
- Baltic Birchwood storage box with sliding lid. Women-founded.
- Includes; box liner, seal, ribbon, gift tag, and a personalized note card.
Your Purchase Helps Create Economic Equity
Your purchase directly supports BIPOC and Women-founded businesses here in the U.S.A. Your support ensures we can continue to offer complimentary marketing and product sampling for small start-ups and growing businesses.
join our community
Become part of the change to uplift our BIPOC businesses. Join our mission and be in the know.